Looking for a good home workout routine where you can exercise at the comfort of your own home without distractions? Read on.
What to Eat When Trying to Lose Weight Fast
The most important factor to your weight loss plan is to stop eating carbohydrate in order to avoid ingesting more calories with each meal, you must also track everything that you eat from your first meal of the day which should be in the morning and your last meal during the night so that you do not eat more than the recommended amount of calories per day.
Specific foods which are given the title of "super-foods" will help with your overall performance during your weekly or monthly meals depending on how you have planned.
You should eat protein to keep you feeling fuller which in return will keep you from eating more calories, resulting in less weight gain which is your goal, 10-30% of your calories should be from protein for an adult.
We will list a good amount of food for you to include in your monthly diet, make sure you plan your weekly meals according to your daily recommended caloric intake, if you do not know it then find out your BMR which stands for basal metabolic rate in the link below, it will calculate how much calories you need per day to maintain your weight. To increase your weight loss process and calculate your BMR find out how many calories one should eat per day.
- Protein: Eggs are loaded with protein, it has a superior amino acid mix which helps with absorption and efficiency by the body. (1) One large egg contains 6 grams of protein.
- Vitamins: It contains vitamin A, B-12, C, D, Calcium, Iron and Magnesium.
- Zeaxanthin and Lutein: These are important phytochemicals that are found in every egg's yolk which helps to prevent risks of eye diseases such as degeneration due to age and most effected on Americans; cataracts.
So overall, It is beneficial to the brain but it also helps with the nervous and cardiovascular system. There has been no reports of any incidents during the study conducted by JAMA.
The reason why egg is a perfect asset in weight loss is because it contains high property of protein which will help you to feel fuller for much longer and it's inexpensive which makes a great early morning breakfast opener.
One cup of spinach contains protein, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, folate and thousands of IUs of Vitamin A. Most of the calories from this vegetable does come from protein which is a good source of dietary potassium as well.
It helps with Diabetes management, asthma prevention, lowers blood pressure, prevent risks of cancer, promotes healthy bones and due to it's high amount of vitamin A it promotes a good healthy skin and hair which is a natural moisturizer.
Alfalfa Sprouts /
Alfalfa sprouts contains a high amount of nutrients and vitamins such as:
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Calcium 10.6 mg
- Iron 0.3 mg
- Magnesium 8.9 mg
- Phosphorus 23.1 mg
- Potassium 26.1 mg
- Sodium 2.0 mg
- Zinc 0.3 mg
- Copper 0.1 mg
- Manganese 0.1 mg
- Selenium 0.2 mcg
- Vitamin A 51.1 IU
- Retinol 0.0 mcg
- Retinol Activity Equivalent 2.6 mcg
- Alpha Carotene 2.0 mcg
- Beta Carotene 28.7 mcg
- Beta Cryptoxanthin 2.0 mcg
- Lycopene 0.0 mcg
- Lutein+Zeaxanthin 0.0 mcg
- Vitamin C 2.7 mg
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol) 0.0 mg
- Vitamin K 10.1 mcg
- Thiamin 0.0 mg
- Riboflavin 0.0 mg
- Niacin 0.2 mg
- Vitamin B6 0.0 mg
- Folate 11.9 mcg
- Food Folate 11.9 mcg
- Folic Acid 0.0 mcg
- Dietary Folate Equivalents 11.9 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.0 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid 0.2 mg
- Choline 4.8 mg
- Betaine 0.1 mg
Almonds are very high in vitamin B2, E, protein, magnesium and copper. It is a high fat although it is mono-unsaturated fat which is a heart healthy fat that helps to reduce bad cholesterol levels in ones blood and it also helps to lower risks of stroke and heart disease.
One cup of almonds contains
- Calories: 529
- Total Fat: 45 grams mostly from mono-unsaturated as mentioned
- Total Carbohydrate: 20 grams; 96.4% from dietary fiber and 3.6% from sugar
Peanuts are high on mono-unsaturated fats which helps with...
- Belly Fat: A study conducted by the ADA found that simple diets that included MUFAs (mono-unsaturated fats) helped and improved the process of belly fat much better and faster than carbohydrate diets
- Weight Loss: Switching your diets that includes trans and even polyunsaturated fats helps with the weight loss process
- Breast Cancer: According to a recent study conducted by EURAMIC, diets that are higher in MUFAs(mono-unsaturated fats) resulted in less chance of breast cancer
- Reduce Cholesterol Level: The American Heart Association recommends everyone to eat foods with mono-unsaturated as it improves one's blood lipid.
Peanuts are also included with anti-aging effects due to it's antioxidant that is vastly known as Resveratrol.
Technically apples are given the name of "nutritional powerhouse" because of it's impressive nutritional assets. It contains a high amount of vitamins, nutrients and vitamins and minerals.
1 medium apple contains:
- Calories: 95
- Total Fat: 0.3 grams
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Potassium: 195 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 25grams
- Protein: 0.5 grams
Apples are great as it decreases risk of diabetes, reduces risk of developing Alzheimer's and protects against Parkinson's.
This fruit has an excellent source of phytonutrients, flavonoids, fiber and antioxidants which all together helps to promote a healthy memory, urinary tract health and helps to promote a good heart health.
It has the following nutrients and vitamins:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B-6
- Vitamin C
Although the phytonutrients aren't technically essential to keep human beings alive, they are able to prevent diseases and promote good health allowing your body to function accordingly/effectively.
You can add blueberries to your yogurt, smoothies, cereals, shakes and even make juice.
These are some foods that are helpful to your diet and weight loss process.
Here are some more specific articles in this category that will allow you to find more healthy foods to include in your diet: Protein Rich Foods, Health Benefits of Watermelon, Best foods for Weight Loss.